Friday 22 April 2016

Pamela's Daybook: April 22



Today: IHC 2016 is over. We are heading back to Muncie today. We're not in a hurry. We'll have lunch along the way and stop at the Amish store, too. I'm ready for my own bed! I think pain is easier to handle when we're in our own homes. That's probably not very scientific. 

At my writing desk: The desk has been lonely all week. 

In the mail: RB will pick up the mail tomorrow. It's fun to get a whole stack at once -- makes me happy even if there isn't happy mail in the stack.


Praying for: Family traveling back to South Dakota. 20 hours hours on the road -- praying God will keep them safe.

Thankful for: Barak's good report: The scan showed no spreading! Thank you for praying with Karl and Becky. Connie Snodgrass was speaking about trials this week and said, "God answers prayer with His presence." 

Creating: None -- and I'm itching to get into a new project.

I'm reading: I finished the novel I was reading. When I couldn't sleep last night, I started another. Oh my, such filth. I'm pretty open minded when it comes to my reading. I have a good filter.  But there was no redeeming content so after a couple pages I deleted it from the Kindle. At 4:00 this morning I downloaded Pandora and drifted off for a couple hours to Steve Green's "People Need the Lord."


My friend, Valorie Quesenberry, released her book, "It Isn't Random: Why Gender Matters," this week. It's in my purse to read on the way home. If you are interested in obtaining one, contact her at valoriequesenberry.com or on Facebook under Valorie Bender Quesenberry.

Postmarking: So many people at the convention have been touched by Shelter: Postmarked. Every time someone spoke of the cards they received, I thought, Mom would be so pleased. Her loaves and fishes have been sent around the world.

Favorite quote:  "Male and female are dual bearers of (God's) image; neither of them is better than the other. God has entrusted each of us with either a male or female identity and we must steward that gift well. It is a sacred trust." Valorie Quesenberry, It's Not Random.




Leave a Comment: