Wednesday 1 March 2017

Pamela's Daybook: March 1st

This week:  Sunday was Writers Group meeting for our church. I had two other members speak about blogging. It was so interesting to hear additional perspectives for what we do. We didn't have time for the free-writes, but distributed the exercise to the group to complete this week. A free-write is writing on a topic for five minutes without stopping. I used "Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring" as the topic. 

Thankful for: Empty containers. We are striving to downsize. Each emptied container is one step closer to our goals. My practice -- for years -- was to use colored containers because I thought it looked neater than seeing the "stuff" in them. I gradually changed to clear boxes because it's easier to see what's in them. I just use colored for seasons (red-Christmas, orange-Thanksgiving, etc.).



Praying for:  Carson -- a 3-year-old with cancer, currently in Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. I have an address if you'd like to send him a card.

At my writing desk: "Writing is the painting of the voice" (Voltaire). My paint brush has been busy!

I'm reading: I'm reading fiction! "Healing Ruby" by Jennifer Westall. Also "66 Ways God Loves You: Experience God's Love for You in Every Book of the Bible" and a writing book. I've also sent some samples to my Kindle. I've found I save money by reading a sample to see if it's something I want to read.



I'm finding joy in: Strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. While eating them this morning I thought about the Fruit of the Spirit. Trying to make each one evident in my life: "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day" (Max Lucado).

Favorite Quote: Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. "She huddled under the words of God. They anointed her head with oil, and her soul was restored." What beautiful words, that I needed to read this morning. - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete