Monday 3 April 2017

Pamela's Daybook: April 3rd

Last week: It was the craziest week in the Kuhn household. RB and I both had deadlines. He did way more than his share of meal preparing, cleaning up and running errands. Then I had some unexpected medical tests, and he insisted on taking me, dropping me off at doors and feeding me while we were out, then making special trips to town for medicine.




Latest Obsession:  Lavender soap made by Beth Jones. If you are ever in Alexandria, stop and see her store, Soap and Sunshine Apothecary (113 N Harrison St. Alexandria, IN 46001). I've used many of her products and have never been disappointed. Beth's attention to detail is evident. If you like natural products, you will be pleased with everything Beth offers at Soap and Sunshine

Thankful for: Emily had two weeks of Spring Break. We snatched her away for one of those days. Jonathon was working a twelve hour day, so we picked her up before breakfast and kept her until almost 9:00 that evening. Of course, our day included Barnes & Noble and Maggianos.

Praying for:  The family of Dr.Tim Crouch -- his wife and children, brothers and sister. Tim was 57 and died unexpectedly. “God blesses those people who grieve. They will find comfort” (Matthew 5:4).


At my writing desk: I wrote and wrote and then wrote some more. I had a deadline -- and you know me and deadlines. I was one happy girl when I finished. I'm blessed to love my career choice. Even in what seems to be an impossible deadline, I enjoy the process.

I'm reading:  "Killing Jesus" by Bill O'Reilly. I'm only in the second chapter, but the historic background supports the truth of God's Word.

I'm continuing to work towards my goal of reading fiction, and I'm surprising myself to find out I'm enjoying it. I've been choosing titles by recommendation. I read "The Daughter" by Jane Shemitt. I just started "White Dresses" by Mary Plum Peterson. I was so surprised to find it is set in Indiana, partially in Muncie and Ball State University. 



I'm finding joy in: My foam yarn wrapped eggs Morgan made for me. They are in my tablescape and I smile every time I walk past. 

Favorite Quote: A smile is the light in your window that tells others there is a caring person inside. Denis Waitley

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading about the varied (and various) happenings and interests in your life. I understand about deadlines, though it's been awhile since I've had any official ones... Self-imposed deadlines met are certainly celebrated, too. I'm still looking for some good fiction. I brought one home from the library that looked promising, but closed it up and returned it after the first chapter. Yesterday Gary and I visited one of the ladies whose name I'd passed on to you for cards. She gave me a painting that I admired. (Wrote about it in my blog post today.)

    ReplyDelete