Monday 25 January 2016

Blessing After Blessing



During a conversation with one of our team members this week, I mentioned, "I feel like God is changing my heart, one card at a time."

My friend responded, "It breaks my heart to read the requests, while it opens my heart when reaching out…”

I don't think you can be a part of this ministry without it changing you. It’s unlikely God can let you read through requests of retired ministers, ministers’ widows, young wives who lose their husbands, teenagers with depression, special needs children who will struggle physically their whole life, parents with unsaved children -- and the list goes on -- without an internal change happening.




Paul in his letter to the Galatians said, Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ (Galatians 6:4). That's the basis for this ministry -- bearing other's burdens. Mailing a smile, encouragement, and love.

We started with nine team members and four card requests. Today, three weeks later, there are nineteen team members and we have twenty-three requests going out this week. When numbers of postmarked mail start pouring in, I stand amazed. From the beginning this ministry has been in honor of my mother and it belongs to Jesus. I believe its success is His stamp of approval on her life.


                   

I'm so thankful I didn't post my projected goal for this project. The numbers would have been so paltry compared to the goal God has for us. One thing I didn't anticipate was the response to our postmarks. Many have verbalized how God used it to encourage them. Some mentioned that God is using this to lay a card ministry on their hearts, too. My heart is filled with blessing after blessing as I read the responses. 

I don't think we can ever do anything for God without it changing us. We welcome you to join us -- by sending cards, providing requests, or praying. Let's offer shelter, postmarked.


Soul Survivor 
Monday's Musings




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely ministry! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/songs-on-sunday-call-it-grace-by.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete