I read your letter and it was the most beautiful thing anybody has ever written to me... Other People's Love Letters by Bill Shapiro
Free Printable Stationary Sheets link below
As with A Sheltering Tree, my daughters and granddaughter are involved in Shelter: Postmarked. Currently, their respective schedules limit their time to write, but they are involved in the brain work.
Postmarked Love Letters is an idea Emily shared, and Melanie helped flesh out. It brings me such joy to see my daughters care for their marriage. Fortunately, they come from a long line of happy marriages, but while that is an influence, good marriages don’t happen without willingness to love unselfishly.
Postmarked Love Letters – February through January – is a way to bless your husband every month. You will use one of the suggestions below (or make your own!) and write a love letter to your husband. If your husband is the one to retrieve your household mail, your letters can be mailed (or placed in the mailbox). If not, select an alternative location -- in his work boot, beside his keys, or on the dashboard of his truck. (And if you’re a husband reading this – prop it by her coffee cup on your way out the door.)
Keep your letters concise and focused, going beyond “I love you” and “Thank you all you do for our family.” I’ve created free printable stationary to use for this project.
1. Giving: He was a devout, God-fearing man, as was everyone in his household. He gave generously to the poor and prayed regularly to God (Acts 10:2).
Example: In Melanie’s first letter to Shawn she wrote how he gives to God so generously, allowing her to see how the more he gives the more God blesses their family.
Example: Thank you for having eyes only for me…giving me your special wink…treating me as queen of the room. Thank you for keeping our private life private and special only to us.
3. Fruitful: Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich (Proverbs 10:4).
Example: Thank you for always getting up to go to work. It’s evident in your paycheck you bring home that you care for us and supply us with __________.
4. Thrive: Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong (Ephesians 3:17).
Example: Thank you for taking time to take us to church. Thank you for staying close to God so you can thrive in your personal spiritual life and as the spiritual leader of our home.
5. Strength: I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit (Ephesians 3:16).
Example: Thank you for finding your strength in God, not in worldly vices or in yourself. I love knowing you will stand strong when I am feeling weak.
6. Safeguards: Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).
Example: Thank you for staying away from situations that would make it easy to give in to temptation. Thank you for wearing the armor of God each day.
7. Grateful: I have not stopped thanking God for you (Ephesians 1:16)
Example: Thank you for being appreciative of what I do for you – cleaning, laundry, etc.
8. Friendship: So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
Example: I love you, but thank you for making it easy for me to like you, too. I like (digging through antique shops, having a coffee at Starbucks, or taking a walk) with you. You are my best friend.
9. Forgiveness: Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8).
Example: Thank you for forgiving me when _____________. Thank you for loving me even when ______________.
10. Confidant: Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (1 Corinthians 13:7).
Example: Thank you for listening to all my dreams, fears, and frustrations – the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you for never sharing what I confide in you. Thank you for not keeping secrets from me.
11. Optimistic Outlook: A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength (Proverbs 17:22).
Example: Thank you for being cheerful at home. Thank you for choosing to look at the good in our friends and the world.
12. Humor: We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy (Psalm 126:2).
Example: Thank you for making me laugh even on a “bad” day. I love your (silly puns and “teacher” jokes). I love how you find humor in every situation.
13. You: Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance (1 Corinthians 13:7).
Example: Thank you for always being in my corner – never giving up on “us.”
1. Share a memory from dating days.
2. Thank him for something specific he did for you in the last month.
3. Write your vows with, “I would say them all over again.”
4. Tell him how you first knew you loved him.
5. I noticed you did…
6. The most romantic thing you have ever done…
Sample of Stationary: There are twelve different half sheets to use for your letters. Download here: Love Letters Stationary Sheets Let me know if this doesn't download right for you. It does on my computer/printer, but isn't on others. I can send it to you a different way.
No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday Faith Filled Friday
Make My Saturday Sweet Family Friendship and Faith
Little Things Thursday Thursday's Favorite Things
Live Free Thursday Thought Provoking Thursday
Shine Blog Hop Thoughtful Thursday From House to Home