Wednesday 8 March 2017

Pamela's Daybook: March 8th



Yesterday:  RB had a teacher to review in Indianapolis last evening, so I tagged along. I do that as often as I can -- especially if there's a Barnes and Noble nearby. I didn't take my computer so used the old fashioned pen and notebook. In 4 1/2 hours I wrote enough that I had to wear my brace when I got home. But it was a delightful time, sitting beside a window with the sun warming me. 

Last evening was the first time I've been to the Castleton Barnes and Noble for a while. I enjoyed seeing the needlework group that meets there. There's one man who does beautiful counted cross stitch. The others are ladies and they knit, crochet, etc. 




Latest Obsession: Rifle Paper Company notebooks. I was first introduced to the Rifle Company through their notecards. They have a set of three slim notebooks with packaging that makes me smile. Gel ink glides on the pages so it's a delight to write in them.

Thankful for: Yellow tulips. RB bought me yellow tulips Saturday. They are on my desk in one of my mother's vases. 

Praying for:  Oh my, so many to pray for this week. The Shelter: Postmarked list has so many serious requests. Our friends, Michael and Kim Matlock's house was hit by a tornado this past week. Thankfully the roar woke Kim and their three sons (Michael was at work), and they were able to get in a closet just seconds before it hit. 




At my writing desk: Writing on joy today.

I'm reading: I'm reading fiction! "Healing Ruby" by Jennifer Westall. Westall leaves a huge cliff hanger on this book. So I bought book #2. This leaves another cliff hanger. So I bought book #3, thinking it was the last book in the series. Oh, I was wrong. And the worst part is book #4 isn't out yet. It's been a while since I really liked a fiction book. 

And have any of you purchased President George Bush's "Portraits of Courage?" It's beautiful, and the stories poignant. These are courageous men and women who fought for our country -- for my family and yours. Reading it fills my heart with gratitude and love. 

I'm finding joy in: Sunshine! Life just seems to sparkle more when the sun is shining. My daddy always sang to my mother, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy 
when skies are gray..." 




Favorite Quote:  When I think about my ideal free day, it usually involves going into London and sitting in a nice coffeehouse with cake and coffee, but I would probably still have my notebook in my pocket. Jonathan Stroud   

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your posts...they are delightful and filled with joy!!

    ReplyDelete