Monday 15 August 2016

Pamela's Daybook: August 15


Today: What a week! Highs and lows. Since I didn't do a journal last week I'll share some highlights. 

  • Emily started the week off with cooking a delicious Sunday Dinner for us. 
  • We went to Shelbyville Sunday afternoon to see our new great niece -- beautiful Corrinna Joy!
Steve and Melodie
  • I got to see my sister and husband, Steve and Melodie, there for the baby's birth. And Glen and Pam, my niece, and their three children. Pam fixed delicious food for all of us, and also brought me a beautiful miniature rose bush. 
  • Thursday evening, Jonathon and Emily called to let us know they would have Emma with them for only two more weeks. 
  • RB and I have had our background checks, so planned to keep Emma overnight. Emily surprised Jonathon for his birthday, and they went on a mini trip.
  • Today our grands had their first day of school. (Pictures below) This is the fourth year for the school and they started today with 86 students. The kids are getting such an awesome and well-rounded education. Shawn and Melanie are third generation parents who believe a Christian education is a conviction. 
Morgan's teacher's theme is hedgehogs and foxes.
She asked Melanie to make cupcakes. Adorable!
  • Camron is in Kindergarten this year. Melanie is holding on to him another year. Melanie, his Nana and I will be teaching him. It's so special to be able to help teach him to read. 

At my writing desk: I took last week off from the Daybook and concentrated on other writing. Writing my fingers to the bone.  Ha!

Praying for:  Jonathon, Emily and Emma. There have been lots of tears and hugs, yet we can see the hand of God working. A friend posted this quote on her Facebook page. "God is using your circumstances to make you more useful for later roles in His unfolding story." (Louie Giglio) 

Thankful for: All the sweet notes I received last week for the 29th anniversary of Sarah's death. 

I'm reading: This month's book club selection must have a color in the title. I found Blue Columbine by Jennifer Rodewald. It's a "Read for Free" Amazon book. 

Postmarking: Wednesday I have a date with Hallmark. They closed both Hallmark stores in Muncie. RB has a meeting in Marion Wednesday so I'm going to hit the Hallmark there. Sometimes I just need a special card. 

Favorite quote: A little spark of kindness puts a colossal burst of sunshine in someone's day. (quotegram.com)




Leave a Comment: