Wednesday 17 August 2016

Pamela's Daybook: August 17th


Today: I'm weary, but it's a fun weary. There is a difference. RB had a meeting in Marion so I rode along. I met with my friend, Linda, for a Crimson Tea. This girl is seriously interesting. She has such a heart for people, and I always come away from our visits wanting to do more for God. RB came to pick me up, but we weren't nearly done. He ran to the grocery store and came back--nope, not done. Unfortunately, we had a deadline. 

On the way home we stopped in Yorktown at a tiny downtown restaurant, Osborns, that Jonathon told us about.  Delicious food! We got home with ten minutes to spare for RB to go to Anderson for choir practice. I made a bit of a surprise for him. Salted Caramel Brownies. Let's hope they taste good.

At my writing desk: I got my "job" writing done before I left. Have you ever made a word search puzzle? I've done them before, but it's hard to keep the letters and rows straight. Today I had the idea to insert a table --10 times easier. And just as I am typing this, I remember there's a website that all you have to do is plug the words you want in and it creates the puzzle. 


Praying for:  A single mother and her children. 

Thankful for: Peaches, fresh from the fruit stand. 

Around the House: Emily brought me a fall candle. Fall is my favorite season, and I love all the scents and colors. Is it too early to decorate for fall? My friend, Renee, usually decorates first, so I usually use her for my decorating calendar.

I'm reading: Blue Columbine (Jennifer Rodewald). First sentence:You are more than this. I thought about seeing what the last sentence is, but I just couldn't do it. You'll have to wait until I'm finished --if the book is good enough to warrant a review.

Postmarking: I hit the Hallmark Store and Tree of Life Bookstore today for some cards. Marion's Hallmark is the nicest I've been in. And they always have a couple rows of sales. Although I'd like to hit one that had their cards 1/2 price!

Favorite quote: We can heal and hurt each other, and we do. I’m hoping to help lead a tribe that does more healing and less hurting. I consider that my job.  Jen Hatmaker 



Leave a Comment: