Friday 23 September 2016

Pamela's Daybook: September 22




Today: Today is the first day for me to teach my grandson, Camron, kindergarten. Those who follow me will remember three years ago when I had a part in Morgan's kindergarten journey. Camron's Nana gets a day, and Melanie does the rest. 

At my writing desk: I had some lessons that a writer didn't complete. I've really enjoyed working on them. Usually I'm editing or rewriting -- I enjoyed starting from "scratch." I hope to write my daybook more often, but life seems extra busy (not to mention the age thing that seems to be making everything take longer than it used to.)

Praying for:  Beth -- A family from the school where she teaches had a collision with a school bus. The father, baby and 4th-grade daughter died and the mom is in critical condition. The 2nd-grader was injured. They had two teens who weren't involved. Please help me pray for Beth. Her own daddy was killed in an automobile accident, so it's extra hard for her.


Standing on the promisesThe Lord is a strong fortress. The godly run to him and are safe (Proverbs 18:10).
Thankful for: Time with our friends, Ben and Sue Colburn. RB taught in Louisville Tuesday night. The university provided a room at the Holiday Inn Express.Wednesday we met Ben and Sue for a long lunch.

Around the House: My son-in-law, Jonathon, took two personal days to help me with a project to surprise RB while he was at his annual faculty retreat. We surprised him! 

I'm reading: Emily gave me a gift certificate for my birthday. So many choices!  I'll be at Barnes and Noble for 6-7 hours tonight so that should help me decide!  

Here's a couple I've been looking at on Amazon:

Creating A Ripple: The Guide to Serving Millions with Mercy & Compassion through Hospitality (Kindle)




Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul (not yet released)

Postmarking: We have sent over 3,000 encouragement cards this year. Almost every day I hear from people who have been touched by this ministry. 

Favorite quote: Let God’s promises shine on your problems. Corrie Ten Boom



Leave a Comment: