Tuesday 27 September 2016

Pamela's Daybook: September 27th



Today: Anyone else feel hung over today? Too much angst over the great debate, I guess. The best part of the debate was the texting circle with my daddy, brother and sister. Daddy sent us a picture of all his snacks for during the debate, and I have two things to say -- I wish I had been there, and I want his kind of diabetes. My strawberries were delicious, though. RB was teaching in Portland, so I missed having someone to boo and hiss with me.  

At my writing desk: I'm on track to meet my deadline. May all my family and friends hold their emergencies until after Friday. 


Praying for:  Protection for traveling family. And a big answer to prayer for a friend's son. 

Standing on the promisesYou shall serve the Lord your God only; then I will bless you with food and with water, and I will take away sickness from among you" (Exodus 23:25).

Thankful for: Texts that keep me in touch with my children. My daughters hate the phone as much as I do. Texting doesn't demand an immediate answer. We can connect even when we are busy. These girls-of-mine are funn-eee. Sometimes it's a prayer call. There's nobody I'd rather have pray for me than my family -- including my grandchildren. Both girls send pictures of their daily lives. 

Around the House: I was making rolls for supper, and decided to make half the recipe into pecan rolls for RB. I put the tray on top of the pan to turn it -- and it slipped. Not only the rolls got on the stove, but the sticky brown sugar/karo and rolls. It was a mess, but I was thankful for my flat top. (And RB who cleaned up the mess.) They still tasted good!

I'm reading: The Power of a Praying Grandparent.  I've been waiting for it to be released, and thought I had it pre-ordered. When it didn't come, I checked -- nope, it was released August 30th. 

"Grandchildren are a gift from God to you. And your prayers are a gift to them that can touch them for a lifetime -- even after you are no longer around to see all the good results."

Favorite blessing: Dear Grandson, May you be more than a conqueror, an overcomer, a soldier in the army of the true God. May you stand firm in the face of the enemy and the presence of your peers. May you delight in the sword  of the Lord, always ready to wield it to defeat Satan. You are valued, prayed for, and loved. Mawmaw


Leave a Comment: