Thursday 14 April 2016

Pamela's Daybook: April 14, 2016





Today: I'm having lunch with my friend, Eleanor. We've been "ships passing in the night" for the last couple months, keeping up through messages and Facebook. We are meeting at McAllisters (hashtag: best-tea-in-town) -- a stone's throw from Michaels, so I may be forced to run in there.

At my writing desk: Getting most of my curriculum writing out of the way before I leave. Planning another chapter for when I get back. 

In the mail: A sweet note from my daughter, Melanie, with two of the cutest teacup tags. With four children, she has a busy life, but she always makes time to encourage others. 

Praying for: Nathaniel -- Jonathon's brother. He finished his four years of service in the army. Praying the adjustments will be easy, and God/church will become a priority in his life again.

Thankful for: My postmarking team. These ladies have a heart for encouragement. I love it when others ask to be a part of our team. I'm happy to welcome anyone God sends to join.


Creating: A headache gave me some extra time to crochet. Looking at the computer screen was making it worse. Still working on the prayer shawl. Looking for my next project to use up little bits of yarn -- any suggestions? 

I'm reading: If you don't have time to read, you don't have the tools for writing. It's that simple (S. King).When I turn on my Kindle, there's a book advertised.  Yesterday when I turned it on, there was one authored by Grace Livingston Hill. They are reprinting some of her books. Does anyone else remember preachers proclaiming, "Don't read these books"? I think reading them gave me my aversion to scripted plots.

Postmarking: Five more today! Five is the perfect amount for me to fill up a quiet evening. 


Favorite quote: “I have one desire now -- to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it" (Elisabeth Elliot). 




Leave a Comment: