Tuesday 19 April 2016




Today: A little bit of a sleep in, and a late breakfast with our friends, Ben and Sue. It's a Dayton tradition. The best part is tea in a glass tumbler. It's the little things that make my life smile. 

First service begins at 1:30, and I say good bye to RB at that time. It will be Thursday night after the last service that we connect. He's tied to the piano most of the time.

At my writing desk: I plan to write curriculum. I have yesterday's hours to make up. I do love my job!

In the mail: No mail here, but I did find the outgoing box in the hotel lobby!

Praying for: A dear, sweet friend who is going through the trial of her life. Will you please help me pray for Sharon (not her real name, but God knows!).

Thankful for: Friends -- we'll see a lot of them this week!


Creating: I make my own "pass it on" cards with photographs.  I want to work on some children's cards today.


I'm reading: I was awake until after five this morning, so I listened to "Lady of Milkweed Manor" (Julie Klassen). I'm still 
enjoying it. I read some of "When a Woman Finds Her Voice" (Jo Ann Fore) on the way to Dayton. Every woman has suffered hurts -- we try to keep them hidden, but voicing them not only helps ourselves, but others, too.

Postmarking: Will be sending some cards today, and a book from Amazon to my friend going through a specific trial.

Favorite quote: "Those thin places where truth seeps through --those are the places where Jesus walks, the places we find healing" (Jo Anne Fore)




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I admire your quotes with the photos. Is there a favorite program you use? I have never done that, but would like to try to make some for my blog and FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, I use Picmonkey. It's free and easy. If you need help, let me know.

      Delete
  2. Pamela, thank you for the tip about Picmonkey, I will look into it. And thank you for your offer of help, it might be needed, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete