Thursday 26 May 2016

Pamela's Daybook: May 26th



Today: Nothing exciting here today, but here's the thing -- these are my favorite days. A candle lit, me working, RB working, stopping for lunch, etc. 

At my writing desk: I planned to work on curriculum extra so I could take three days off next week. I'm toying with the idea of leaving my computer at home while we're in Pennsylvania over the holiday. I may have withdrawals!


I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped. Today was the Awards Rally for the International Accelerated Christian Education Convention. Our school, Heartland Christian School, was there and it was so interesting to see them receive their awards. The kids (and teachers!) work hard and it's good to see them rewarded.  

In the mail:  9 outgoing - 4 incoming: 1 from Rhode Island, 2 from Texas, 1 from Pennsylvania.


Praying for:  Nancy Sharp, a friend of a friend, having a heart transplant. Wife, mother, grandmother... Also praying for the family who donated the heart.

Thankful for:  Fresh strawberries from my strawberry patch.

I'm reading:   I was reading John 4 this morning and loved how The Message wrote verse 34. The King James says, "He told me all that I ever did." The Message says, "He knows me inside and out." 

Postmarking:  Requests are coming in for this week. One thing this ministry has shown me is how much suffering is out there -- all across the social classes and age groups. Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad (Proverbs 12:25).

Favorite quote:  What consumes your mind, controls your life. (Unknown) 



Leave a Comment: