Friday 27 May 2016

Pamela's Daybook: May 27th



Today: Feeling a bit down today. I spent several hours going through some of my mother's correspondence last evening, and I'm just missing her. After reading one letter I thought, "I need to ask her about that." I may need to eat cookies...


At my writing desk: This will be one of the I'm-writing-because-it's-my-job days. I know from experience once I get a few sentences written I'll get inspired. 

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." Ernest Hemingway

In the mail:  I found handmade Mother's Day cards my sister and I made our Mom. She was in Philadelphia for nursing school. I was five years old. The great thing is that, young as we were, our personalities showed. Melodie cut a beautiful flower garden from a magazine for the front of her card. Me? The girl who at three chased Melodie through the house with a dead rabbit? (There are movies to prove it!) Yep, that girl cut out a running bunny for the front of hers. The letter was sent with a five cent stamp.

Praying for:  One of my favorite friends. Physical issues are keeping her from enjoying something she's been looking forward to. 

Thankful for:  A Mother's heritage of encouraging others.

I'm reading:  My reading time was almost non-existent this week. I need to dig something up to inspire me -- and get me to Pennsylvania. Reading in the car makes the trip go faster. 


Postmarking: I'm still working on this week's list. It's my evening "playtime."

Favorite quote: 
 But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin. Mitch Alborm



7 comments:

  1. Ah, bless your heart, Pamela. I know your mother would be so pleased with the way you're honoring her. I pray for your comfort and peace. The Cookie Monster quote brings a smile to my face (and heart). Trusting that the writing inspiration will kick in according to your need. Wondering what kind of books you're "needing" to read right now....I've read a few enjoyable ones lately and just picked up a couple more which I'll add to my reading pile for the weekend. Holding you in my thoughts today, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, praying for you today! I love the cookie monster quote too--I certainly have felt like this recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet memories! I always love that cookie monster quote too. I need to go write a letter now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great tribute to your mother! Sounds like she was a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read more too. Definitely need to carve out the time to do so

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pamela,
    I always enjoy reading your thoughts. I have many of those "write because I have to days" too. I love that quote from Hemingway. What great memories with your sister, and of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cookie monster picture and quote! I need to work on my reading, too. I keep saying that... thanks for the reminder! I so enjoy reading these posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete