Thursday 2 June 2016

Pamela's Daybook: June 2





Today: It's been a few days since I wrote a Daybook post. I've had a fun Red Lobster date with my love, traveled to Pennsylvania, spent time with my daddy, Melodie and Steve (my sister and husband), Nathan and Lori (my nephew and niece), and Aunt Jean. I actually left my computer at home and just relaxed, read, and worked on a few cards. We got home last night at 11:30. Today is catch up, and then a Barnes and Noble night.

At my writing desk: Curriculum this morning (still working on Abraham) and some fun research and writing tonight at Barnes and Noble. 

In the mail: We've been away since Monday, so I had 5 wonderful envelopes: one from Canada, one with 2 old 6-cent stamps, one 10- cent, and one 3-cent with a new first class stamp. So cool! Traci used a paper sack for her envelope. I still have 3 to open. Spreading them out!

Praying for:  Missionaries Jason and Becky Corbin, and Sam and Christine West. 

Thankful for:  A husband who makes sure I'm as comfortable as possible every. single. day.

I'm reading:  I'm reading a book on Huntington's disease. Riveting. For my June book club selection I'm to read a book by an author that's new to me. I haven't settled on one yet, but five hours at Barnes and Noble tonight may fix that!

Postmarking: I'm trying to use up some of my notecards, but I'm drooling over these and these. 

Favorite quote: A pretty face is nothing if you have an ugly heart.(Unknown)




28 comments:

  1. Glad things have been going well. Loved hearing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things seem to be going well for you.I have never heard that quote but I really do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been blessed with a wonderful family! keep the positive attitude and I love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quote. Glad your day is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Red Lobster and Barnes and Noble sounds like a good time to me! I love both places and I will gladly go anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quote (A pretty face is nothing if you have an ugly heart.(Unknown)). this is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote. It seems like you lead a very full and blessed life. Your pictures are lovely. Commenting for Carol Cassara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've been busy! I'm really loving that quote, you can't survive with just a pretty face, it's not something that people would really admire after a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing so much of what your agenda and plans look like. I need to start paying attention to stamps a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great practice to record your thoughts and reflections in this manner. Do you scroll back through your posts often?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that quote! I am glad things are well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that quote too. I mean, it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that quote! And I love getting REAL mail, too! Do you have penpals?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quote, a very good reminder on how we should view the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quote and it's true! Glad to hear things are going well in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quote is beautiful! Going to share it on my twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love the quote! Beauty is in the heart not in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so lucky with your husband! I can see true love that will lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful quote. I totally agree to that! People used to look at the appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I miss getting mails form the mail box! I love that quote, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg you are so right. if you an ugly heart you will never win. thanks for sharing this. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that quote as well. Makeup won't hide your inner flaws

    - Jenjen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice quote. So many people prioritize the physical and forget to invest in the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What is post marking? I love how you keep doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Geat quote! That also apply for men too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really inspiring quote...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Writing at Barnes and Noble sounds like fun. I've never just took the time to sit and relax/read/write there..

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the quite about pretty faces. That's so awesome! i would love to write there. lucky packet

    ReplyDelete