Friday 17 June 2016

Pamela's Daybook: June 17th



Today: RB had meetings today so I stayed in and worked while he ran around. Looking forward to a quiet, candlelight evening with pizza. That makes me smile -- maybe we can eat it on china. 

At my writing desk: I've written more letters than anything else today. Looked at stuff. Organized stuff. Threw away stuff. All the "stuff" you do when you don't feel like getting down to business. I thought, "I can't start now, it's ten after ten" then, "It's eleven, I really should get busy." "Wow, noon already? Better eat then I'll be ready." "Four o'clock? I haven't even had a nap!" Yep, that was me today. Guess I need RB to keep me scheduled. 

Praying for:  
Carson Dewhurst. He's a sweet baby who was admitted to the hospital last night. They may need to reset his shunt. I know they would appreciate your prayers.

Thankful for: My daddy. Wish I could spend Father's Day with him.


I'm reading: Genesis 15 starts with a promise. You know how someone will walk up to you and engage in 15 minutes of chitchat before you can get beyond it to connect with their heart? God doesn't do that. It's boom, and right to the point. 
"Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great." 

I laughed this morning when I was reading it because that's how it was with Eleanor yesterday. We only had an hour and half, so we had to make it count. No chitchat -- we went right to the heart. And it was good!

Postmarking: Someone postmarked me! I got a package with a snail mail stamp and a darling purse notecard. My sister loves me. I was going through some of Mom's letters, and one from my Aunt Jean said, "I could have given this to you at church, but I remembered you liked mail." Sisters are the best!

Favorite quote:  "You and I are sisters; always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up -- after I finish laughing."


Leave a Comment: