Wednesday 8 June 2016

Pamela's Daybook: June 8th





Today: Oh what a day! I had fun running around Anderson with Melanie and the three girls she's entertaining this week -- plus Camron and little Emma. Then Emma and I sewed this afternoon. She was so pleased with her new outfit.  I found her a gauze $38.00 top on sale for $11.90. I made her a rose with crystals in the center to tie it together. Emily is coming back this evening and there's one husband who is very happy. 

Melanie sent the leftover lasagne home with me last night so supper was easy. RB has choir practice on Wednesday evenings. And a sweet little boy is spending the night with Mawmaw.

At my writing desk: No writing yet today again! Tomorrow will be a marathon writing day for sure!

Praying for:  A friend's son who was in a 4-car accident. His job relies on a good driving record. 

Thankful for:  My sewing machine...

I'm reading: Melanie and I had the best talk about our books last evening. She gave me Carol Tuttle's "Dressing Your Truth." I'm eager to get started on it. Melanie is an eclectic reader. She reads nonfiction, but will also pick up a thriller and enjoy toe-curling terror!

Postmarking: Tomorrow I'll post our numbers for the week. I'm late getting it posted. Melanie let all the girls pick something out at Dollar Tree today. Emma picked out a pack of note cards. She loves writing notes and sending cards.

Favorite quote: Life with God is not immunity from difficulties but peace in difficulties. (C. S. Lewis)






3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun day. Thank you for sharing a window into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your friend! My hubby's job relies on a good driving record too so I know how important this is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carol tuttle quote was in my quotes calendar this week! Love how you share your days with us.

    ReplyDelete