Tuesday 28 June 2016

Pamela's Daybook: June 28




Today:  We are getting ready for my Daddy to come spend the holiday with us. We're all so excited -- even little Emma who has only seen him once. The guest room is on the list to be done today.

At my writing desk: This is one of those Heinz 57 days. A little bit of lots of things. 

Praying for: The people of Istanbul 

Thankful for:  Neighbors who share their garden's produce

I'm reading: The Benghazi report's cover letter. I won't try to get through all 800 pages of the report, but I do want to understand the timeline, etc. Reading it makes the men who gave their ultimate sacrifice more human to me.

Postmarking: Emily and I stopped by Family Book Store yesterday. I found some "perfect" cards. I love Dayspring's cards. It seems I can always find a card that "says it right." I just don't always like their prices!

Favorite quote: God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper


5 comments:

  1. I love the first quote the most on this post! It's a great reminder to not fight harsh words with harsh words, but with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote. People often forget that kindness will get your much farther in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that John Piper quote! I just shared one of his quotes on my blog post today!
    www.thedivinepresence.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been through your day in a couple weeks. I've missed it. I am a neighbor who shares her garden produce its nice to see we are appreciated and your quote is a great ending to my day. It's been a crazy one but I praise God that I got to experience. Ps. 118:24 Good, Bad and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this! You remind me to be more productive, more thankful for little blessings, and to spend more time sharing little blessings with others. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete