Tuesday 7 June 2016

Pamela's Daybook: June 6th



Today: It's Emma Day! I have Emma today and tomorrow because Emily is at a conference in French Lick. The 8 oldest Clemens boy cousins are at Shawn's sister, Stephenie's, this week for a basketball camp. Melanie has the three girl cousins. So Emma's spending some time there, too.

Emma picked yellow searsucker material at Joann Fabrics for a skirt. Tomorrow we'll be sewing.  She loves to sew. Of course we'll have to make a skirt for her babydoll, too.

Supper at Melanie's house in the woods. Her lasagne is the best.

At my writing desk: No writing yet today (Emma came at 6:00), but after a good nap I'll get some curriculum editing done.


In the mail: I had three letters and a postcard yesterday. Funny how they all come at once. 

Praying to: Be more like Jesus (Thomas Chisholm)

Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.

Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.


Refrain:
Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

Thankful for:  An evening without cooking!

I'm reading: Last evening at Barnes and Noble I picked up "Spark Joy" by Marie Kondo, author of "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing." Those who know me know I believe there's no need to use something ugly if something beautiful is available. But I just shook my head when she suggested taking the label off your laundry soap bottle and tying a ribbon around it's neck. People do that?!! It seems a bit far-fetched -- Do any of you tie ribbons around your Tide bottles? Would it "spark joy" when you did the laundry?

Postmarking: One of our team members is on vacation and plans to buy notes wherever she goes. That's the number one thing I look for when I'm in tiny gift shops. 

Favorite quote: You don't need more space. You need less stuff. (Marie Kondo)


Leave a Comment: